With climate warnings going ‘Code Red’ and building and construction responsible for 39% of global energy related emissions, we heard from an expert panel on what the Australian property sector is doing to step-up and meet the challenge of climate change.
Joined by our panel of leading experts, Charlotte Bizeau, Managing Director, Real Estate, Engineering & Construction Lead, APAC, Accenture; Davina Rooney, Chief Executive Officer, Green Building Council of Australia (GBCA);Brad Archer, Chief Executive Officer, Climate Change Authority, and William Ruh, Chief Executive Officer for Lendlease’s global Digital business, we discussed:
– The long-term vision for net zero buildings in Australia
– Re-use and re-purposing to reduce embodied carbon – how the property and construction sector can embrace a circular economy
– How to accelerate the shift; benchmarks for innovative and sustainable construction and for heating, cooling, lighting and infrastructure
– Policy direction and shifts in NSW and federally for energy, water and thermal performance
– How IoT-enabled Smart Buildings and digital connectivity will enable progress towards targets.